Sunday, 15 October 2017

Wall-E hand drawn in 3d from the plans.



Tread cleat drawn in 3d from the plans.
Will need to edit a little more to make it work with my drive system.

Friday, 13 October 2017

Wheels have been drawn up for the drive system.

Started off getting the wheels drawn in 3d from the plans.

 

After that the wheels got edited to be able to fit my track system.

 

3D versions of the wheels.


Tuesday, 26 September 2017

Finished the lenses today.

Cutting the lenses out on a CNC machine.


Finished lenses.

Wall-E now has a set of eyes.

I have uploaded a video of the construction of the eye.

Monday, 25 September 2017

Got the lenses formed for the eyes today.

Sheet of 3mm thick cast acrylic mounted into clamp.

Brown reducer made to fit the vacuum tube to the eye reducer.

The oven I used to heat the acrylic, 180c degrees.

Test part to work out how long it takes to make acrylic sag.

After 4 minutes.

1st lens I did for 4 minutes and was to short as it would not vacuum form, 2nd lens I did for 6 minutes and was just about perfect. 3rd lens I did at 10 minutes and was to long as bubbles started to show up in the acrylic. 7 minutes was my perfect time to heat the acrylic for and 1.5 minutes on the vacuum.

This is the bubbles in the lens I had in oven for 10 minutes.

Perfect clean domed lens.


Total of 12 lenses.
3 will not be used as they are test ones that didn't come out perfect.

I have uploaded a video of the lenses.

Thursday, 21 September 2017

Got my wooden tester wheel cover today.
These are to check clearance and size the wheel covers need to be made.